05 August 2008

18 years ago...

...I used to do more theatre on the stage. And then I discovered rehearsal accompaniment and it was a whole new game.


I did love to be on stage, I still love musical theatre, and I will always enjoy working with other talented folks to create an ephemeral end art product. Looking through old photos I found in the house recently, I came across this gem. What fun it was to be in a cast of other people who loved to sing, and in a group of friends where I could be myself. Too bad it only lasted for about 7 weeks in my school life!


I also remembered how much I enjoy singing & performing Rogers & Hammerstein, Gershwin, Porter, Loesser, and the great composers of the midcentury. I can't wait to get in the depths of performing some of that with all of you this year! Look forward to some staging & ensemble work with older scores as well as the current stuff we are in love with right now!


Hope you are enjoying August!

No comments: